- For Children 6 Weeks to 5 Years Old
- Video Security System
- Open Monday – Friday; 6:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Open throughout the Summer and on School Snow Days
- Full and Part Time Care Available
- Small Class Sizes
- Outdoor Play Yard
- Breakfast, Hot Lunch & Snacks Included
- Unique “Grandfriends” Program
Yorktown Child Care Center operates on a corporate calendar (not a school year calendar) and does not close for snow days*. The Center will be closed on the following days during 2019:
- January 1 Tuesday for New Year’s Day
- January 21 Monday, Martin L. King/Staff Development Day
- February 18 Monday, President’s Day
- May 27 Monday, Memorial Day
- July 4 Thursday, Independence Day
- August 31 Friday, Staff Development Day
- September 2 Monday, Labor Day
- November 28 Thursday, Thanksgiving
- December 24 Tuesday, Christmas Eve, Close at 3:00pm
- December 25 Wednesday, Christmas Day
- December 31 Tuesday, New Year’s Eve, Close at 3:00pm
- January 1, 2020 Wednesday, New Year’s Day
Yorktown Child Care Center is a center committed to meeting a child’s individual needs. We provide a safe environment in a home-like atmosphere with consistent care giving. Young children require and deserve individualized attention, and for this reason, our group size is small and separate for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
Our program is designed to help guide children through learning experiences, subsequently meeting the developmental needs of each age group. We will work together with the parents of infants to establish routines similar to home. As the children grow into toddlers, a variety of equipment and toys will be introduced encouraging activities such as climbing, pulling, walking and modeling appropriate language.
Social skills are most valuable to a growing child. We will introduce and help them develop these skills at each stage through positive learning experiences. At Yorktown Child Care Center we offer a balance of child-initiated activities and teacher-directed activities. Interacting with the sights, sounds, and people around us is an important objective. It is our goal for each child to reach his or her fullest potential.
We encourage all parents to come and see our program. We ask you to please set up an appointment first, to assure that there will be someone available to speak with you. As you visit our center, please feel free to ask any questions. We want you to feel comfortable with our staff and the environment in which your child may be a part of.
Thank you for your interest in Yorktown Child Care Center and enjoy your website tour!
We are located on the border of
Yorktown and Cortlandt Manor, just off Route 202
2300 Catherine St., Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
Call Maria Rivera, Director, for a tour of the Center: